Monday 23 January 2012

Starting out.

LEARNING TO KNIT, GLAMPING AND GREAT FOOD.
The Ekopod (and my glamorous assistant)

Well here we are, my first Blog post. I just wanted to talk about craft in general, I personally like all kinds of craft and have always been of a more creative disposition than an academic one.  Recently I have found myself more and more drawn to textile craft.



On a recent holiday I was lucky enough to stay in a very cute Ekopod on Bodmin moor, yes that's right I went GLAMPING!! http://www.canopyandstars.co.uk/ Had a great time and we were treated to some truly delicious breakfasts. What I loved most about it was the quiet and stillness of our surroundings, I would definitely recommend this to anyone who needs a break from everyday life and some relaxation. We also had an amazing meal in a small local pub http://www.therisingsuninn.co.uk/ and again I would thoroughly recommend a meal there to anyone visiting the area.


Yummy breakfast.
 My lovely other half saw this break as his opportunity to sleep and sleep, with a little bit of sleep thrown in for good measure. 


So to pass the time  I bought myself  some wool and needles and taught myself to knit off you tube. So now I have added knitting to my crafty repertoire and am enjoying it greatly. I have just completed  some very cute baby hats and my knitting skills are improving every day. Just goes to show you can learn anything you want and it's never too late to take up a new hobby.

Pesky Pixie hat
Neapolitan sundae hat


Cookie and cream
 Sewing was my first crafty love, and continues to be close to my heart, I have slowly graduated from cushions (straight lines ! The beginners friend) to more complicated patterns. I spend most of my evenings searching the Internet for fabric to feed my crafty obsession. I have found lots and lots of great websites and will endeavour to share these with you.


So that's my first blog. Done !


Sam x

1 comment: