Wednesday 14 March 2012


Paper craft...

I have been busy over the last week or so, making lots of little felt animals for my Wee Woodland Folk.
I am realising though that without being able to spend huge amounts of time promoting my facebook page, I'm not getting much interest.

Facebook pages would seem to be a little bit like school, there are definitely a few what I would call cliques on there. I try and return every like and comment made to me and am genuinely pleased and surprised by how many people have shown interest in and commented on my little makes. 
It's nice to be nice, or so I've heard.......

I have met some really lovely friendly people since opening my page though so I can't complain too much, it's great to be able to converse with other people who have a genuine love of craft, not many of my friends share my interest and my other half just complains "there is STUFF everywhere" I don't think he realises creative genius often comes from a disorganised mind, well that's my excuse! 


Today was my lovely day off this week, I wanted a break from sewing and as I have said before my first love is paper, I had a bit of this lovely Par avion paper by Cavallini left from making some envelopes and stars ages ago, and was thinking about the Jubilee and then obviously the red, white and blue and I came over all patriotic. So I used it to make the origami flower pictured above , I have to say I'm quite enamoured by it and am definitely going to make some more.
Hope you all have a great week.

Sam x

2 comments:

  1. Sam, I actually said 'Wow' out loud when I saw the photo of your flower, it is gorgeous and as for the Cavallini paper that is to die for! Nice to have a break from sewing and Fb while still being creative :) Jacqueline xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jacqueline x Yeah I like to dip in and out of different kinds of crafts I'm a fiddler :) Thanks for always reading my little blog and making nice comments x

    ReplyDelete